I’ve been handing out free copies of my latest work, ASP.NET 4 Unleashed (you have purchased this fine piece of writing, haven’t you?) and due to its relative size, people generally start joking about the various possible uses for a tome of this magnitude when they see it, hold it, and appreciate its girth.
A few that I’ve heard include:
- A deadly weapon in case of attempted mugging
- Used to press flowers ( this isn’t just a suggestion, my girlfriend has actually done this with her copy )
- Use to block bullets
- A boat anchor
- Throw in the trunk or the back of a rear-wheel drive pickup truck for added traction in the winter
- Replacement for concrete blocks in martial arts exhibitions
- Booster for movie and/or desk chairs
- With 5 or 6 of them, you can make a nice fort for a cat (yes, I’ve done this, and my cat greatly appreciated it)
But without a doubt, the best use I’ve seen for this book so far has been : baby food.